Suppose you’re buying a new mobile phone or Apple Watch and thinking of updating your old device to a new one. Or, if you’re going to sell your old Apple Watch and iPhone, you need to unpair your Apple Watch and Apple phone. But do you know you can unpair your iPhone without your Apple Watch? If you have forgotten your Apple Watch passcode, don’t worry.
In this blog, we will be concerned about how we can learn how to unpair Apple Watch without a phone call. Please read it thoroughly. Make a backup of all your information from the Apple Watch before you unpair Apple Watch. Your Apple Watch backup is generated if you have already backed up your device with iTunes and iCloud.
How to unpair Apple Watch in the Watch app on iPhone
- Place both the Apple Watch and iPhone in the charger or ensure they have 50% battery capacity.
- Bring both Apple Watch and iPhone closer together. We recommend inches or centimeters, not feet/meters.
- Open the Apple Watch app with paired iPhone.
- Select the My Watches tab and tap All Watches at the top of the screen
- Wipe the “i” info button next to the name of the Watch you want to unpair
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch
- For Apple Watch with GPS and mobile services, choose to keep or delete your portable Plan.
- If you want to pair Apple Watch with iPhone again, keep your Plan.
- If you don’t want to repair your Apple Watch with iPhone, delete your Plan.
- Tap to confirm unpairing
- Put your Apple ID pass to unlock the iCloud Activation Lock on your clock.
- When you unpair your Watch, Apple will automatically back up your Watch. You can employ this backup to reform your data if required. Or you can start a new one without restoring the backup.
- When you unpair your Apple Watch, you’ll see a message on your clock saying, “Start pairing.”
Reset and unpair Apple Watch without iPhone
If you can’t access the paired iPhone for some reason, you can reset the Apple Watch from your device.
1. Swipe in the Apple Watch app to find the Settings app. It is shaped like gear like the iPhone app.
2. Unlock the Settings app and wipe it down to “General.” It has a gear icon, which is very suitable.
3. Scroll down and select “Reset.” It emerges at the base of the list.
4. Clear all content and settings. The warning on this page states that resetting from Apple Watch does not remove the Activation Lock that links your clock to your iCloud account. Please be assured that the content is suitable for this issue.
5. Scroll down and tap “Clear All.” The warning on this page states that you are clearing all data but that Activation Lock will not be cleared.
6. Now Apple Watch has erased all your data and is reset and ready for pairing.
Unpair your Apple Watch directly from your smartwatch
Unpairing your Apple Watch in the iPhone Watch app will automatically sync and backup your latest smartwatch data before restoring it to factory settings. This is the perfect and smart way to store the latest data. Unpairing directly from your Watch will not create a backup and automatically disable the activation lock.
Unpair your Apple Watch directly from your smartwatch
Unpairing your Apple Watch from the iPhone Watch app will automatically sync and backup your latest smartwatch data before restoring it to factory settings. It is the perfect and smart way to store the latest data. Unpairing directly from your Watch does not create a backup and does not automatically disable the activation lock. (New users cannot set Apple Watch while the activation lock is in effect.) Use the Watch app to unpair it if you need a current backup.
STEP 1: In Apple Watch, launch the Settings app.
STEP 2: Tap General.
STEP 3: Select Reset.
STEP4: Tap Clear All Content and Settings.
Step 5: Enter the passcode (if enabled).
Step 6: Tap Clear All (if you have a mobile plan and want to keep it, select Clear All and Keep Plan).
Step 7: Once you have restored Apple Watch, go to iCloud.com from your computer’s web browser and disable the activation lock.
Step 8: Then, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
STEP 9: Select Settings.
Step 10: Select Apple Watch under My Devices.
STEP 11: Click the x next to Apple Watch to remove it.
STEP 12: Select Delete to confirm.
How do I unpair my Apple Watch Bluetooth version without iPhone?
Observe these actions to unpair your Apple Watch if you don’t receive your iPhone.
- On Apple Watch, go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Click Reset.
- Press Clear.
- Tap Clear All Content and Settings.
- In the warning message, tap Clear All.
- If Apple Watch requests a passcode, enter the passcode.
- Wait for the Apple Watch to be unpaired and the “Start pairing” message to appear.
How do I pair my Apple Watch with a new phone?
Before you start, you need to.
- Apple ID and password
- Stable WiFi connectivity
- iPhone and Apple Watch must be charged at least 50%
- Watch passcode
Knowing how to unpair your Apple Watch can be very useful to anyone who is actively using Apple Watch, has just acquired a wearable, or has decided to upgrade to the new iPhone. The Apple Watch pairing that comes out of the box and works right away is pretty easy, as the factory setting is right when you press the digital crown, and you can pair it. But when you unpair, it will be a bit complicated.
Unfortunately, the Apple Watch is not a regular Bluetooth speaker, so you can’t unpair or connect to a new device with just one touch. But don’t worry. Several workarounds in the Settings menu are still sufficient.