Duties will include speaking to customers/clients, routing calls, arranging appointments and so on. Your job may entail fielding complaints, providing details about the services or products your organization offers, and being able to work independently and with minimal supervision. With the Christmas break approaching fast, many of us will be planning to take time off. As such you’ll find that many companies are looking to hire virtual receptionists to cover the shortfall over Christmas. In terms of the sort of information you’ll be entering, it could be literally anything. If you’ve never done data entry before, you’ll soon discover that the actual information doesn’t really matter – it’s just a case of getting it into the database as quickly as possible (and ensuring it’s correct, of course).
- Your job may entail fielding complaints, providing details about the services or products your organization offers, and being able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with computers and basic technology is usually a must to handle email, live chat, and other communication platforms.
- Similar to customer service roles, some companies have to up their tech support staff over the Christmas break, anticipating a larger volume of people than usual engaging with their products and services.
- In terms of the sort of information you’ll be entering, it could be literally anything.
These are essentially the same as the traditional mall Santa gig, but over Zoom instead. As the name suggests, the job involves helping companies prepare to file their taxes at the end of the season, with remote customer service many firms taking on extra pairs of hands to get the task done. The good news for you is that you don’t need to sit behind a desk in an office to do the job – you can just as easily do it from home.
Want Access to 20,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Aside from being technology proficient, a remote customer service agent may be required to have very specific technology, depending on the employer’s needs. Many employers require only a high school degree or equivalent, although a college degree may be required in some cases. Proficiency with computers and basic technology is usually a must to handle email, live chat, and other communication platforms.
- Many employers require only a high school degree or equivalent, although a college degree may be required in some cases.
- While many of these roles will be phone based, many also involve speaking with customers via text chat, so don’t be too put off if speaking over the phone isn’t your thing.
- Christmas is a busy time for a lot of companies, as such they’ll be looking to hire additional staff to help field queries from customers.
- In addition to offering remote options, employers hiring for remote customer service jobs often offer part-time and flexible schedule options.
- Sales assistant roles exist all year round of course, but companies sometimes need extra help during the holidays, and some also offer Christmas-relevant products that require seasonal workers.
- AAA recently acquired SAFE Security, the 11th largest smart home security company in the United States, with the vision to become the most trusted brand in this industry.
- However, now remote jobs are becoming more and more common, and you can earn extra income without having to step outside.
As we all know, Christmas is a busy time of year for the jolly bearded guy, and as such he has employed swathes of helpers over the years to make appearances at shopping malls, schools and events. Payments can either be a one-off sum, or a share of the revenue based on number of sales the audio book achieves. This one might seem a little out there, but if you’ve got a pleasant sounding voice, then you could be using it to generate extra income for yourself. The Smart Home Specialist is responsible for ensuring our Members receive an outstanding member experience. Depending on the industry and company, a second language may be an invaluable asset if the employer has a global customer base. If you continue to see this
message, please email
to let us know you’re having trouble.
What does a Remote Customer Service Agent Do?
The environment for a remote customer service agent is most often in a dedicated home office or workspace. You’ll need a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) before you can apply for be a tax preparer, and some states also have additional requirements, including New York and California. Traditionally, most seasonal jobs were found in retail – such as helping out on the shop floor, or delivering parcels. However, now remote jobs are becoming more and more common, and you can earn extra income without having to step outside. Christmas is a wonderful time of year, but it can leave a real dent in your bank account.